Alls i own is a tredmill and i dont like going to the gym by myself
Can calf raises make you jump higher?
Try this out.
I posted it for a question on improving verticals but it's good for you as well.
Try doing squats with about a two to five pound weight held near your abs. As you stand up with the weight still on your abs. Bring your arms around in a full clock style motion up over your head , fully extending your arms as you do this, and and then tuck weight back down to your stomach and squat back down.
About 4 reps of 10 should do. This will help strenthen both your abs and legs.
For an added workout you can try shuffling over about two or three strides before squatting back down. repeat squat and then two or three strides back. (only do this after you've been doing the other less intense exercise for a few days though)
The other exercises mainly for working the muscle groups to help with vertical leaping are as follows.
* STEP 1: Begin every workout by warming up your muscles and then doing extensive leg stretches. Because you'll be building muscle fibers that are used for explosive activities such as jumping, stretching is of the utmost importance.
* STEP 2: Jump rope for its excellent cardiovascular conditioning. This step should never be skipped, as it will be an important contributor to your results.
* STEP 3: Sprint. This builds muscle, which will add to your jumping ability.
* STEP 4: Run stairs on your toes. Start by running up a flight, one step at a time. Walk down and run back up, taking two steps at a time. Repeat as many times as you can manage.
* STEP 5: Do sets of elevated jumps (see the next section).
* STEP 6: Do sets of explosive jumps (see the third section).
* STEP 7: Do sets of double jumps (see the third section).
* STEP 8: Rest your legs at least two days a week. Results will come from sustaining the exercise program, not performing it aggressively for a few weeks and then slacking off.
* STEP 1: Begin by placing a step bench or platform on the ground (many health clubs have a platform for just this purpose).
* STEP 2: Stand on the platform, then jump backward onto the ground, concentrating on landing softly.
* STEP 3: Jump back onto the platform immediately, with a bouncing motion.
* STEP 4: Complete three sets of 10 repetitions. Be very careful when performing this exercise, as there is a potential for injury.
Explosive Leg Jumps and Double Jumps
* STEP 1: Position yourself for an explosive leg jump by facing a secure platform and placing your right foot on it.
* STEP 2: Jump as high as you can, concentrating on exploding off the right leg. Scissor your legs once in the air, then land with your left foot on the platform and your right foot on the floor. Gather yourself and explode upward again, this time off the left foot.
* STEP 3: Do three sets of 10 repetitions, resting for about 30 seconds to 1 minute between sets.
* STEP 4: Execute a double jump by jumping as high as possible with both feet from a stationary position.
* STEP 5: Jump again immediately upon landing, using less effort.
* STEP 6: Repeat until you've accomplished three sets of 10 jumps each.
Overall Tips & Warnings
* Some of these exercises, particularly stair runs and explosive leg jumps, can cause injury if not performed properly. Your knees, in particular, are especially susceptible.
* Make sure you thoroughly understand all instructions before attempting the exercises.
Are u supposed 2 wear undies under volleyball spandex?
ask ur friends 2 go to the gym wit u. ttly fun and it gets ur legs in shape 4 volleyball. also do not 4get to stretch b4 you will get really bad pains the next day!♥!♥ do not 4get to work out ur arms♥strong arms=excellent spikes!♥!♥
What are some colleges in the South that have Boys Volleyball as a collegiate sport?
you can ask yur friends to go to the gym with you also just practice bumping and spiking actually doing it is a work out and run on yur tredmil, do pushups, situps, and leg lifts, and stretch ALOT
Volleyball Player's BMI?
A lot of coaches make you run a lot in volleyball so we want to make sure your in shape. You also want to work on your arm and thigh strength. Thats teh best advice i can give you.
How do I get outta playing volleyball?
you could run around your neighborhood or sumthin or ask friends to go to the gym with you...you gotta have leg strength..and arm strength definatly...id suggest a gym so ask friends to come along!
What are those little things on the end of you shoe lace called?
Running either on the the treadmill or indoors will help to get fit. Also, push-ups and sit-ups are great workouts to get ready for volleyball. Basically any workouts will help to get fit for volleyball.
I need help naming my adult volleyball team?
Try dieting I can really help!! Or try to run a little
Why does one of the vball players have different color jersey?
Find info on plyometrics, do some weight lifting, cardio workouts (running, biking, stair stepper, elliptical), plenty of core body strengthening (abs, push ups.. go to a pilates class too!) and of course - don't forget to touch the ball! Get a group of friends together and play. Or, get one friend and pepper... work on basic skills and ball control. If you don't like working out by yourself, bring a friend - thats the best way to get and stay motivated.
Opinions on volleyball players..?
Take a friend to work out with - either together or as a little competition. You need to do some running to get into shape because if you're turly in the game, you will be not only watching the ball, but moving with it. If you're taller and a spiker, practice on your jumping and spiking. If you're short like me, than you might be a setter so get your fingers used to handling the ball. Also, work on bumps so you will be able to pass the ball or hit it over. You might also want to lift weights. Work on your serve and getting it right in the spot where you want it. Also, have someone bump balls to you that are 'short' of making it to you, that you'd have to dive at.
Who won the first volleyball championship?
Jump rope to get better at jumping and spiking the ball. Work on your abs because the harder your abs the harder you can hit. (My coach played for Texas volleyball). Practice passing and setting continually with a ball.
Who and which country founded the game volley ball?
Well Stretch and run and get a volleyball and throw at the ball then bump.set or spike it. Its volleyball and you have to eb fast toget the ball so it wont hit ur side.. so run cuzz that helps you get fast! Trust me i know! :) Hope this helps!
Anyone know any volleyball cheers that can be used during warm-ups?
If you are really looking to get in peak physical shape for the volleyball season you're going to have to either go out and buy a weight set or put up with going to the gym by yourself. A treadmill is a good tool in building you aerobic health but you need to train and strengthen your muscles.
Read through both of these sites. The on high school site even gives a basic routine that you could expand off of for your own needs.
More Questions & Answers...
Am I supppose to be MAD?
What is the best way to improve my verticle? Does working out stunt your groth?Does the beach help? Is?
How did jimmy george died?is that an accident or killing?
What sport is better volleyball or soccer?
Why do you think Volleyball is not as popular here in the US as it is worldwide?
Who would win in a fight? Ashanti or Beyonce?
How do you play 6 1 in volleyball ( im a setter)?
Is there a grant for a 14yr old to play club ball(volleyball(.?
Why does the LIBERO (in volley ball) must wear a contrasting jersey color from his or her teammates?
Volleyball quotes?Layout of volley ball?