Can anybody tell me some of the volleyball rules?
I'm thinking of trying out 4 the team this year. Even tho I hear they teach u the rules and how 2 play, I wanna already know some of the main rules and not look like as big of an idiot @ tryouts. Can somebody tell me some of the main things I will need 2 know? Is it worth it 2 try out even tho I'm scared I won't make the team?
- Ace: when a service point is earned when the other team touches the ball only once or misses on the serve
- Dig: defend a spike (stop the spike from hitting the ground)
-Kill: A point from a spike
- Block: preventing a spike from being executed by the other team
- Sideout: gain posession of the ball (meaning, get your team to serve)
- Points/scoring: for JV, there are 3 rounds in one game. You win the game if you win 2/3. Rally scoring, up to 25 in the first two rounds, and if it is a tie 1/1, the third round only goes up to 15 points. In rally scoring, you gain a point if you get aces, kills, or the other team is the first team to let the ball touch the ground
- At the end of the first round, the teams switch court sides.
- Hits: Each team is allowed three hits, the third hit must get the ball to the other side. If you exceed 3 hits, the other side gets a point.
- The same person can't hit the ball twice (consecutively), if so, a point goes to the other side, and so does posession.
- However, if you block a spike, and the ball comes down your side, you are allowed to hit it, and it won't count as a double hit.
- Flip a coin to determine who serves and which side you get.
- You cannot touch the net at any time, but you can play the ball off the net, and it will be legal, as long as it's not the fourth hit
- Your hands need to be closed, and don't ever hit the ball with your palms unless it's a spike.
Well...this is all I have the energy for right now, I hope it helps and good luck with tryouts!
if you don't like your toss on your serve, let it drop, dont catch it.
try out, you might as well, you'll never know if you will make it if you dont try out
Good luck.and don't worry, volleyball is one of the best sports around!
You need to know your strengths...talk to the coach ahead of time...find out what they are looking for in a player...this will be the most help to you.
For rules, there are some websites you can go to.
1. You have to have six players on the floor at all times.
2. Whoever serves the ball and hits outside of the line on the other side the other team gets the point not the side that serves.
3. You have to wear knee-pads.
Well there are many more but there is to many for me to name
More Questions & Answers...