i have NEVER EVER herd of this "sport" before in my life!!
Canot chat with other players yahoo pool?
Snooker is a billards sport that is played on a large (12' × 6') baize-covered table with pockets in each of the four corners and in the middle of each of the long cushions. It is played using a cue, one white ball (the cue ball), 15 red balls and 6 colours: a yellow (worth 2 points), green (3 points), brown (4 points), blue (5 points), pink (6 points) and black ball (7 points). A player wins a frame of snooker by scoring the most points, through using the cue ball to pot all the red and coloured balls. A match consists of an agreed number of frames. Snooker is particularly popular in English-speaking countries (Britain, Ireland, Canada, Australia and South Africa), and there has recently been a surge of interest in East Asia, with players from Hong Kong, China and Thailand entering the rankings. It's also very popular in Pakistan and India.
There is a picture at the link.
Has anyone ever heard of an L1 cue?
Anyway, here's what I found:
Definitions of snooker on the Web:
* A snooker is a shot that leaves the opponent unable to hit a legal ball directly. The opponent is said to be snookered. If potting all the remaining balls would still leave a player trailing his opponent, then he is said to be needing snookers. At this point the only way for him to win is to lure the opponent into making fouls.
* fool or dupe; "He was snookered by the con-man's smooth talk"
* a form of pool played with 15 red balls and six balls of other colors and a cue ball
* leave one's opponent unable to take a direct shot
* Snooker is a variation of the game of billiards played on a baize-covered table that has pockets in each of the four corners and in the middle of each of the long cushions. It is played using a cue, one white ball (the cue ball), 15 red balls and 6 colours; a yellow, green, brown, blue, pink and black ball. The intention of the game is to score points by potting the red and coloured balls in the pockets with the white ball in the correct order. ...
How do you shoot the cue ball?
The only context I've heard "snooker" in is relating to being conned, as in "You've been snookered."
Playing pool, what do you hit for power an shoot?
Good Q. I am adding this to my watch list.
If you use the rail to put english on the ball you are said to what?
A type of billiards or pool. fun game, small balls, good times
Does anyone know any pool games that have chat?
a game played on a billiard table...
Should I take the tight brown or the easy pink?
Its popular in British Pubs its a type of Pool. Except all the balls are solid colors. The balls are smaller than regular pool balls and the table is larger. it really messes your pool game up if you play too much snooker
Someone Threw-Up in the pool. How would i Clean it.?
Just anoughter form of billiards or pool as it is sometimes called. The balls and pockets are smaller than a regular billiard table.
BCA break rules?...actually couple of questions?
Well it is a good question and it is a game." Well snooker is a game."
Will playing Yahoo! Pool increase my skills playing it in reality?
Snooker is a pool game played on a billard table which is 6ft by 9ft. You have to hit in a red ball in a pocket and then a colored ball. You get points.You have a cue ball which is white and a total of 15 red balls and 6 colored balls, a yellow (worth 2 points), green (3 points), brown (4 points), blue (5 points), pink (6 points) and black ball (7 points). The player that scores the most points wins the game.
Was it ever recovered , if the story is true ?
It's a lot like pool, but it's played on a 12' table (pool is played on 6' - 9' tables) with much smaller balls and very small pockets. It's very challenging. There are a set of numbered balls like in pool, but there is also a set of red balls. I don't remember exactly what the rules are or what order you shoot the balls in. Snooker is mostly played in Europe, but sometimes the billiard parlors in the U.S. have a table or two.
What is the highest number of points that can theoretically be scored in a single shot?
i donot know .and this is bad game
More Questions & Answers...
What would your ideal pool hall have in it...?
How do I communicate with the other player on the pool game?
Quality Pool Cue?
Is shyness a possible factor of interest?
Can I buy a hayward "H" pool heater for under $400.00 ?
How many days?
Wanna new pool table?
Snooker ? What do you think of Selby tonight? A future champion or what?
Why is yahoo pool freezing up when playing?
Any have a 24 foot round pool i can get for parts? i need a sand pump and bottom tracks..thanks for any help.Snooker: What is your maximum break? Last week I did a 98 which is my highest.?